Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My studio is almost ready.

I've been working on clearing space in my house for a studio. I've finally done it and I can say that there is something nice about having a more permanent space for studio work. Here is a shot of the studio setup. I'd shoot it wider but my I'm not quite done so it's tight right now.



What I still need is a way to hang backdrops in a more accessible manner. Right now I'm just using my backdrop stand but it is limited. I'm thinking of getting one of these instead and keeping several backdrops ready to go.















The other part of a studio I want is a place for a roll of seamless paper. Unfortunately I need a way to hang it and I need a special size. I don't have 107" in width. I plan on buying a roll and cutting it to the size I need.

Finally I am going to place a hook or something on the ceiling to hang a hairlight. Ohh when it is completed it will be awesome.

Ahh, just for fun, I took a picture of myself. Yes, f5.6 at arms length is not enough.


Then I turned off a light and put on a gelled background light for my son.

 

Photo tip of the day, when shooting kids always wipe their faces. I just don't know if its a rule or what but every kid has a koolaid smile or chip crumbs on their face.

No comments:

Post a Comment